Damon Green <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 May 2000 16:37:42 +0100
May well work, a quick look at our live machines shows the libraries
installed with the client here :
/export/home/oracle/app/oracle/product/8.0.4/lib
libclntsh, common etc. look to be there, so it ought to compile with
a client only installation, good news for me.

Support from Lsoft doesn't extend to Oracle, you're expected to go to
Oracle for that, a few tips like I've just shared would have been enough,
90% of Solaris installations must be similar.
It was fun, but good job I'm not too busy at the moment...

Postfix I can't help on, I'm using LSMTP, despite it being on NT, it's
pretty good, we have 35,000 subscriber announcement lists it sends to in
a matter of minutes.

Damon.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV give-and-take forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Lutner, Sean
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2000 4:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Connecting Listserv to Oracle

Damon...
        This is some VERY helpful information. I have been attempting to get
listserv and Oracle to interact with them being on separate machines, in the
same sort of environment. (Solaris 2.6, Oracle 8.1.5). What I was thinking
of doing is installing just the Oracle client software on the listserv box,
and seeing if I can get it to compile that way. Are the required libraries
included with the client?
Also, when you say no support, do you literally mean none? Have you been
able to find any help anywhere?
Has anyone else found help with this problem for that matter?

Also, I'm still looking for help, hints, suggestions, anything at all on
running listserv with postfix, under Solaris 2.6.

Thanks...
Sean Lutner