Sun, 12 Jan 1997 22:10:51 -0500
Dear friends:

I am the list owner of a new mailing list called Christian-adopt.
I know that our topic is rather specific, but I am finding that there
is no other such group on the Net and interest in high. The tone of
discussion is supportive and informative and always respectful to
other members in the group. I am hoping that someone in your list
might be interested in helping to "sponsor" our list.

The purpose of Christian-adopt is a discussion forum for the Christian
community regarding adoption. Christian-adopt is for those who
share common concerns and goals regarding the importance of adoption
in our families, churches and communities, and in the role of adoption
planning in crisis pregnancies, as a means of building families, an
as a solution for waiting children both in the U.S. and other counties.
Christians from all denominations are welcome to join in the ongoing
discussions and "online" support.

Discussion has included, but is not limited to: questions from
prospective adoptive parents, thoughts regarding agencies and the adoption
process, personal prayer concerns regarding those currently in the process
of adoption, adopting special needs children who wait for families,
adoption as a part of biblical family life, and the role of
the Christian community in encouraging and supporting all aspects of
adoption.

Christian-adopt is a small list (40 subscribers) and I am looking into
moving to a less expensive site. I am currently happy with the services of my
provider but find it difficult to consider keeping up with the monthly cost -
$20 per month. It is possible that the list will grow, but I don't
anticipate the list getting much bigger than 100 in the near future.

As I don't regularly follow your discussion groups, please reply to
Thank you very much for any consideration you can give me of my request.

        June Ring