Valdis Kletnieks <$VK0@CLVM>
Thu, 05 Feb 87 14:50:57 EST
Well, here we go with round 2 of the great 'invalid/unknown userid' war.

I've been getting a fair amount of rejection mail recently for various lists.
I'm fairly sure that either (1) the account in fact no longer exists or (2)
the account is simply NOLOG'ed.

Here at CLVM, we have a CP mod that allows a NOLOG user to be SPOOLed to
(and therefore receive mail).  However, that doesn't help the general
case.

How do I tell that the user is GONE and I should drop him from the mailing
list?  Or that he is just temporarily NOLOG due to lack of funds or a
sneak attack from DIRMAINT?

Does anybody have a general policy to follow on cases like this?

                                   Valdis Kletnieks