Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:54:28 -0500
"LISTSERV site administrators' forum" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote on 12/09/2004 01:25:56 PM:

> Some of our list mail is being blocked by NJABL.org as having a dynamic
> IP (dyn-117-171.wou.edu[140.211.117.171])
> We are running LISTSERV 1.8e and LSMTP-Lite. Our Exchange server is on
> another box. I thought I had this configured correctly, but apparently
> not. Do I need to route list mail through our Exchange server. I'm
> quite not sure how to accomplish this -- or is there a better solution?

If you can, move it to another IP address, but only after you get whomever
manages your dns to list that IP address as list.wou.edu os something
similar.  NJABL is probably assuming that dyn-117.171 means it's a
dynamically assigned address.  Does the LSMTP-Lite deliver directly, or
does it use the Exchange server as a smarthost?

Some spam filters will scan all "Received:" headers and add points for any
server in the path that is on an RBL.