Russell Brunelle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 13:10:57 -0800
Hello.  The mailing list I'm proposing is a listserv for the Society for
Human Sexuality, a registered student organization at the University of
Washington.

We have had a mailing list for the last 6 months, but the current
providor is ceasing service.  So, I hope to move the list to a new providor.

We have about 250 subscribers.  Some prefer the regular version, some our
digest version.  About 25 messages go out per day.

Subject matter is human sexuality, freedom of expression, sex-positive
events in the Seattle area, and activities of the Society for Human
Sexuality at the University of Washington.

We cannot set up this list through UW equipment, because we have not been
granted an account for our organization, and so the listserv would
preculde a member using their e-mail account.

I don't usually follow the discussion group this message is being sent
to, so I would prefer it if responses to this could be mailed to my
private address of [log in to unmask]

If you wish to find out more about the Society for Human Sexuality, the
best resource I could recommend is our WWW page.  It has the most
extensive collection of information on human sexuality available on the
internet (no images, all informational non-fiction text files).  The
regular URL is http://weber.u.washington.edu/~sfpse/, but as we're having
a day of silence out of concern for the US anti-internet legislation
being considered, you may wish to (for the next few days) use the URL
http://weber.u.washington.edu/~sfpse/main.html

I have the list of subscribers ready to go, as well as the welcome message.

I would prefer it strongly if the listserv we had access to for this list
had digest capabilities, and would like the ability to toss out messages
that have "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the first couple of lines or the
subject.  The first preference is of much more importance than the second;
we could do without such intelligent message rejection.

I look foward to hearing from you.

Russell Brunelle, President
Society for Human Sexuality at the University of Washington