Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 16:00:53 -0600
At 03:45 PM 8/22/1997 -0400, you wrote:
>Here's a copy of the message I sent to my list regarding Groupwise.
>Please note that it is not a client configuration issue, but a server
>config typically done during installation.

You're right, of course.  My brain was backwards this afternoon.  The one
you set in the client is whether YOU want to receive notification on the
messages YOU send.  And of course this is the opposite.

>IMPORTANT: if you choose _none_, you completely disable the outbound
>status feature. this means users will not know if messages have not been
>delivered.

True, but since most nondeliveries bounce I personally consider it a
nonissue.  Even if it was delivered, opened, and deleted, it doesn't mean
the recipient READ it.  o-)

In GW I can send note to my boss and CAN tell if he opened it, or even
deleted it, but still doesn't mean he READ it, THOUGHT about it, KNOWS what
it meant, or anything else.  o-(

cheers

dan, with the friday backwards brain, undoubtedly due to lack of liquid
refreshment

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534