Fred Whiteside <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Feb 89 09:21:00 EST
Hello,

        The other reason, I suspect, that people in Bitnet/NetNorth do
not comment as much on the discussion of LISTSERV and EARN is that we
are not hearing the complete story. I personally find the politikking
(sic) of EARN distasteful in the extreme, but I only hear the LSTSRV-L
portion of the debate. There have been things said in response to
comments made in lists that we aren't privy to. Similarly, I have
never seen the gist of Eric's recommendations to the EARN BoD that was
rejected out of hand. What I mean is that I wouldn't want to say
something that is trivially refuted as already been considered. Not
that I have anything worthwhile to contribute at this point.

        That said, I would like to say that I am in whole-hearted
support of Eric and I think that I can trust him to arrive at as good
a solution as is possible. And as morally correct a solution.

        I also suspect that Eric has received personal messages of
support. I just don't feel comfortable putting my oar in the water
when I don't have all of the facts. (Not to mention having no good
solutions ... Sorry, Eric)

Cheers

Fred Whiteside               [log in to unmask]
McMaster NetNorth Postmaster [log in to unmask]
Development Analyst          [log in to unmask]
McMaster University          ...!uunet!utai!utgpu!maccs!fred
Hamilton, Canada

        Opinions are mine. If McMaster wanted them, they'd take them.