"Eckard, Steve - eckardsl" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Oct 2011 11:15:34 +0000
Maybe I am not wording this correctly. I am not a Systems Administrator that can do a lot of maintenance. I generally set up lists for new owners, adjust lists etc.  I see bottom banners with links to unsubscribe. I do not know how to add these. Also because this particular list has over 14000 subscribers I would assume many were bulked into the list. I wonder if these "groups" get a notification and link or instructions to unsubscribe. Otherwise that is why I told the owner that the responsibility should be on the members to unsubscribe. Having said that I suggested that she send instructions in her next message on how to unsubscribe should they elect.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pete Weiss
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]

I don't understand the focus of the question:

list-owner
list subscriber
automation

via mail
via web

lstsrv-l bottom banner may be useful (to copy from the lstsrv-l mailtpl)

On 10/20/2011 14:32, Eckard, Steve - eckardsl wrote:

> Greetings. I know I asked this several years ago. I am working with an
> owner who has thousands of members on a list. She wants to know the
> best way to unsubscribe users. I see that the list has Auto delete
> keyword used which will aid with this. I thought that when a person is
> subscribed they receive notification along with how to unsubscribe.
> When I try to subscribe someone on one of my test lists it tells me the person is subscribed and no notification is sent. Is this something that I have to set? Thanks.
>

> Btw, I suggested that she send instructions to the list on how to unsubscribe.

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1