"Dwight M. McCann" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Mar 1992 14:49:49 PST
I was talked into becoming a backbone server by the friendly site that
was the backbone upstream from me.  It is really nice to have my local
LISTSERV maintain the LIST of LISTs and other global stuff so that when
I send thinkgs to it to be forwarded to the hosting site, I am told where
it is rather than '... forwarding to the nearest backbone ...' message.
I can also exercise a little more control over when things occur locally.
And it is a painless conversion ... Eric adjusts the state of the universe
from Europe and voila.

Dwight McCann : "Big signature blocks are very inconsiderate!"