Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 9 Jul 1995 22:19:50 +0200
Folks,

This is Sunday night, a time when normally network activity is the lowest
in the week and where 30 minutes  may pass without a single mail message.
Instead I  found 50  messages in my  mailbox, which I  did empty  about 5
hours ago before  going downtown to have dinner with  friends. Of the 50,
47 were  about a  jerk who  added 5 people  to a  whole bunch  of mailing
lists. I don't know  how many of the 47 were "me toos"  and how many were
actually useful, because I discarded the whole bunch. A dozen people have
signed  off the  list in  the same  time span.  So, please,  it has  been
confirmed and overconfirmed,  a jerk signed up a number  of people to all
the  lists he  could think  of. If  you want  to discuss  this issue,  no
problem,  but please  use  a new  subject.  If your  list  has also  been
affected (or  hasn't, for that matter),  please don't let us  know. There
are  6774  public  lists and  I  sure  hope  we're  not going  to  get  a
confirmation for each of them. Thank you.

  Eric