Aidan Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 1 Sep 90 14:45:00 ADT
  Is there a simple cookbook way to make a LISTSERV aware of routing table
changes before they become official in BITEARN NODES?
  We are in the process of moving our primary link from one node to another,
that is, node DALAC was connected to node UNBMVS1 but this link is being
removed and replaced by one to node MCGILL1.

        Old configuration:      UTORVM -- UNBMVS1 -- DALAC
        New configuration:      UTORVM -- MCGILL1 -- DALAC

Both configurations currently are operational.  DALAC is now routing all
out-going traffic over the MCGILL1 link, and the node upstream of UNBMVS1,
UTORVM, is now routing traffic for DALAC and points downstream of it via
MCGILL1.  UNBMVS1 has so far made no routing changes, so one would expect to
see only "local" traffic on DALAC's UNBMVS1.  However, there is a LISTSERV at
UNBMVS1 (actually UNBVM1, a leaf of UNBMVS1) and it is receiving files from
the LISTSERV at UTORVM (could actually be at another UTORxxx node) to be
distributed to DALAC.  We would like to make these files follow the route that
non-LISTSERV traffic takes.