Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:22:28 -0700
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:55:17 -0600, Ken Koch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I see 6 template blocks in my
>existing 1.8d default.mailtpl that do NOT exist in 14.5's.

Yes, default.mailtpl is a system file and changes should be expected between
versions, espcially versiona as far apart as 1.8d and 14.5.

>I see the
>template names listed elsewhere in the new 14.5 default, so I will assume
>they were just renamed and not part of a custom template the original
>owners of this listserv added.

default.mailtpl should never be edited to make changes.  Such changes would be
overwritten by the next update.  The recommended and documented way to make
changes is for site-wide changes, add them to the site.mailtpl file where they
will override the default.mailtpl.  For list-level changes, make them in
listname.mailtpl which overrides both site.mailtpl and default.mailtpl.  This
preserves changes from being deleted in any upgrade.