Perry Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:43:48 -0400
Hi there!

I'm on a mailing list that is being shut down and we are trying to move the
user list and archives from one server to another (temporary server to make due
for the time being).  I can get the user list (I think it's the LIST command)
and can query the list (using QUERY *@*) to get back text files.

I've successfully installed listserv Lite (free version) on my computer, and
want to try to import at least the archives, and possibly the user list if
it is at all possible.  I have all of the old archives (GET LOGxxxx for all
the files), but it doesn't look like anything that the listserv can use.  Seems
like I need to rebuild all of the listname.logxxxx and listname.subject files.
Is that at all possible?

If I could rebuild those *.log* and *.subject files, then moving the archives
to a new (permanent) server would be no problem.  I'll try contacting the
current list admin (for the dieing list) to see if I can get all of those
files, but it'll probably be unlikely.

Any suggestions?