James Morrill <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:27:19 -0600
Trying to be good 'net neighbors to the rest of you, we work real hard
to try to stay off these lists.  Every PC on campus has to run the
university provided (via a site license) anti-virus software and have
it set to auto-update (I don't work in that group and can't imagine how
they enforce that! :-).  Any computer that gets infected and starts
spewing, gets taken off the campus network until the OS is re-installed
and the virus software shows it's clean.  When the students come back
to campus, they have to go through "Operation PC" - a suite of tests to
make sure they are clean, have the correct software and security
measures (you can imagine how much fun those three or four days are!
:-)  And of course our network folks work hard trying to keep the bad
stuff outside our border.

When we get on a block list we work just as hard to get off it - again,
trying to be good neighbors to the rest of you.

--
 James Morrill  office: HL 11, 785-532-4909   www-personal.ksu.edu/~james

    Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling
                   and everyone around you is crying.