Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:40:12 -0500
At 11:31 1/28/2007 Sunday, Stephen C. Nill wrote:

>><W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence was retained.
>
>I tested my email client by sending myself a test message, but it was generating only one MESSAGE-ID field, not two. It was baffling, and not only that, it was apparently preventing LISTSERV from processing my various test commands. Then it dawned on me: For testing, I was using my email client's (Eudora's) "resend" function to save time -- I simply selected a sent test email command message, made whatever change in the syntax I was testing, and hit send. Well, that was apparently generating a second MESSAGE-ID field and LISTSERV didn't like it.

Been there; done that.  I've got Eudora also (as you can see from the headers).

Also, perhaps depending on LISTSERV(R) release, the command stream can be totally ignored w/ no feedback.

Actually in Eudora the function is called "SEND AGAIN" which is different from what might be called RE-SENT, which has been a topic of "moderator's" conversations over the decades.

/P