Alan Thew <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 Mar 1992 17:58:04 GMT
We run a list for UK Philosophers which has a substantial following
outside the UK, especially in North America.

The list currently has well over 200 participants and is very active which
places a heavy load on our system. With the current poor performance of
the UK/Internet gateway, a peer could help us a great deal and make the
list distribution better for those with internet connectivity and
improve discussion frequency in general.

I should point out that since we are on JANET, this will not be a true
LISTSERV 'peer'. The number of ids that we would like a peer to take on
would be about 80.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated. Please could you reply direct to
me since this is faster (I am on LSTERN-L and have access to LSTSRV-L if
you insist :-))

      Alan Thew : University of Liverpool Computer Laboratory
Internet/Bitnet : [log in to unmask]       UUCP :  ....!mcsun!uknet!liv!qq11
          Voice :  +44 51 794 3735            Fax :  +44 51 794 3759
     CompuServe : 100010,2464     or    [log in to unmask]