"Eric W. Tilenius" <EWTILENI@PUCC>
Wed, 6 Jan 88 18:38:38 EST
I have just been setting up a list on the ListServ here, which I am hoping
to use for internet (not just BITNET) distribution of a mailing list.

Everything seems to be working fine with a few exceptions:

(1) People out of BITNET can't seem to get commands through to ListServ.
ListServ refuses them and bounces the commands to the ListServ maintainers.
We have another campus node, for instance, called PHOENIX, which is not on
Bitnet.  While I, as list owner, can add my account on phoenix
(ewtileni@phoenix or [log in to unmask] to be more precise),
I cannot give any commands to ListServ (SUB, SENDME, HELP, REVIEW, etc.)
from that account.

(2) How do you create a filelist?  I've been trying to store various files
(COCO MAILFORM, for my list, COCO MEMO, for information, etc.) on ListServ
and have had to get the maintainer to do it, since the PUT command is
always rejected.

(3) This one isn't a problem, just an itty bitty complaint - when DELETING
users, you have to get the case perfect!  This can be a pain, as sometimes
they are signed up as "[log in to unmask]" others as "[log in to unmask]",
etc.  Can future versions of ListServ ignore case when deleting or searching
for users??  Or is this a present option.

Thanks!

- ERIC -             * Another proud CoCo 3 user *        ______________
BITNET:ewtileni@pucc | ARPA:[log in to unmask]  | ColorVenture |
CompuServe: 70346,16 | MCI Mail and/or Delphi: TILENIUS  |______________|
PHONE :609-734-0092  | UUCP:{rutgers,cbosgd,cmcl2}!psuvax1!pucc.BITNET!ewtileni