Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Mar 1992 23:20:27 EST
For the past 30  minutes are so, I have not been able  to store a new filelist
for Temple's Research list on my listserv  for reasons which elude me.  I have
created many  new filelists for list  owners, but for some  reason, my efforts
tonight are not working.  I got a copy of the listserv filelist file and added
a line at the bottom to include a new filelist.  The line has the required /F/
and  I  also put  the  revised  listserv  filelist  back on  listserv  without
difficulty.  I then sent  a fileid for the new filelist  which worked.  I then
lsvput the new filelist and listserv said I had to GET it with the (CTL option
first.  This was a  surprise since the new filelist wasn't  on listserv to get
yet.  I tried getting the new filelist from listserv and of course, I was told
it wasn't there.   Does anyone have any  ideas on why listserv  did this?  Not
knowing what else to do, I logged  onto listserv and created an empty research
filelist file for  this new filelist.  After I switched  back to my postmaster
account, I got  the new filelist from  listserv with the (CTL  option.  When I
attempted to lsvput the new filelist on  listserv, I got a message saying that
I could  not put it  there because I  did not use the  (CTL option on  the get
command, BUT I DID USE IT!  The proof  of this is that a subsequent attempt to
get the  new filelist  off listserv resulted  in a warning  that the  file was
already  locked.  What's  going  on?   How can  I  get  around this  seemingly
circular problem and does anyone have any idea what caused it?  Thanks.

Stan Horwitz
Listserv Postmaster
Temple University
Acknowledge to: OASIS@TEMPLEVM (or VM.TEMPLE.EDU)