Mark L Hunnibell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 May 1995 18:20:19 -0400
Nathan and Kathleen:

Nathan said:

> Kathleen, DEFAULT-OPTIONS works only for new subscribers, e.g., those
> who subscribe to the list after you've changed the DEFAULT-OPTIONS=
> value.  If you want to set everyone on the list to REPRO now that you've
> changed the default for new people, just send
>
> QUIET SET listname REPRO FOR *@*
>
> That will update everyone's options to REPRO.

This is true if everything is working OK. I installed the Unix 1.8b
LISTSERV and fiddled with this for quite a while before it was discovered
that some of the source binary code that made the program was slightly
defective.  They (L-Soft) updated the distribution code and it's been fine
ever since. If Nathan's solution doesn't work, and you have an early
edition of 1.8b, you might try getting the newest distribution and see if
that solves it.

Cheers

Mark Hunnibell                  Email: [log in to unmask]
KIDLINK Gopher/WWW Coordinator  http://www.connix.com/~markh