Tom Crookham <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 15:46:53 -0500
Dear Sir or Madam,

        My name is Tom Crookham.  I am an alumni of St. Xavier High School
in Cincinnati, OH.  I am trying to find a ListServ account in order that I
may keep St. Xavier alumni in contact.  So, if you are an alumni of St.
Xavier, or if you have extra space on your server, please consider
sponsoring a ListServ account for me. I am not a member of this mailing
list, so I would appreciate any updates on developments concernig my
request.  Finally, facts about my list follow, if you have any questions
please don't hesitate to e-mail me. Thank you very much for your help...

-I am a new list owner.  I applied for a list at Cornell University, my
place of study, but was denied since all lists sponsored by Cornell must be
affliated in some way with Cornell.

-My list would be a two-way unmoderated list.  (However, subscriptions to
the list would be limited and subject to my approval.)

-The goal of my list would be to keep members and alumni of St. Xavier High
School in touch with each other and with events at the school.  St. Xavier
High School is a private, Jesuit, college-preparatory school located in
Cincinnati, OH.  Many, including myself, have very fond memories of the
school and like to keep in touch with happenings of the school and with
other alumni.  I have attempted to fulfill this goal by keeping an address
book of about 250 St. Xavier High School alumni e-mail addresses.  It is
very cumbersome maintaining the list in such a manner.  As well, with a
ListServ account members would be able to control the options on their
account, more lively discussion would be facilitated, and no mailing
problems would be encountered with servers that can't process e-mail queues
of more than 100 addresses.

-If any type of filters are available for use by the members (ie to allow
them to receive mail only from a certain addresses or to block mail with
certain subjects) that would be helpful, although not necessary.

-I have two e-mail accounts.  During the academic year I check my account at
Cornell University ([log in to unmask]) daily.  I less frequently check my
account at AOL ([log in to unmask]).

Thank you again for your help.  I hope you see fit to provide a ListServ
account for me.

Sincerely,
TmaC
Thomas Michael Anthony Crookham

Cornell University
6123 Sperry                             2689 Gallia Dr.
Ithaca, NY 14853-5116           OR      Cincinnati, OH 45233-4222
607-253-0824                            513-941-6443
[log in to unmask]                       [log in to unmask]