"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Sat, 5 Nov 88 17:56:38 GMT
I would suggest that all HPO 5 sites which experience this problem made a
few tests. I don't  have access to an HPO 5 system, so  I can't make them
myself:

1. Open a  reader file via SIO, while  it is open punch new  files to the
   userid, then  logout the userid with  the open file and  see if either
   the open or the new files are marked inuse.

2. Ditto, but open the file with diag 14.

3&4. Same as #1&2, except CLOSE C HOLD instead of LOGOUT.

5&6. Same as #1&2,  except CLOSE C (--> purges the  open file) instead of
     LOGOUT.

If we can manage to find out when  it breaks, maybe we'll be able to find
out why, and maybe IBM can APAR  it. Otherwise they'll keep saying it's a
bug in the "customer program" and it works as designed.

  Eric