Phil Howard <PHIL@UIUCVMD>
Sat, 19 Jul 86 19:43:36 CDT
I would like to set up a TWO-WAY link, if possible, to a couple of
list distributors that are NOT like BITNIC, NCSUVM, or FRECP11 list
servers.

These list servers makes no changes to the headers at all.  It manages
to get the mail to me WITHOUT my address being in the header anywhere.
I must presume it takes SMTP directly.  It is running on a UNIX system.
The address of the list itself shows up where (AND IF) the sender put
it in the header.  I have seen it in the CC: field.

Is there any hope that LISTSERV can be made to detect a loop, which is
almost sure to exist.  It cannot be made to rely on its own name being
in the header anywhere.  The only thing I can think of doing at the
moment is to really set up 2 lists on LISTSERV, one to receive and
re-distribute mail from the UNIX server, the other to be a point that
passes mail on to that UNIX server.  The effect is that ONE LIST will
have addresses different on the SENDER: it sends out and the TO: that
you send to it.  I'd like to avoid that if possible.