Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 02:21:22 +0100
> I know that. It is one of those days. Let me start over.  We didn't have
> any PUT jobs. :-)  To test this, I just sent in a single mail a DEL job
> and a ADD job for the same list.  Here is listserv's reply:

It never worked with PUT, but it used to work with jobs (PUT is not a job).
This capability was taken away when the code was rewritten for compilation
on non-VM systems because it significantly added to the complexity in the new
non-REXX environment (I am talking maybe 30-50%, I don't remember) and I wasn't
aware of anyone actually using this feature. It has now been about 7 years so I
am surprised that examples are starting to show up now ;-)

> file://UDClassList JOB ECHO=NO,Reply-to="[log in to unmask]",PW=MMMMM
> QUIET DELETE XXXXXXX-L *@*
>
> file://UDClassList JOB ECHO=NO,reply-to="[log in to unmask]",PW=MMMMM
> QUIET ADD XXXXXXX-L DD=AXXXXXXX-L
> file://AXXXXXXX-L DD *
> subscribers removed
> /*

If that is indeed the double job, I do not understand why it cannot be merged into
a single job. You can have as many commands and DDs as you want as long as
you have the storage for them.

  Eric