Ian Wade <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:46:53 -0400
Well, I must admit I had to look the word "turnkey" up since it's one bit
of business jargon that's evidently bypassed me until now! The MSN
dictionary just says "complete and ready to use upon delivery or
installation".

The point I was really making when I said "dedicated" in my previous reply,
was "dedicated to Listserv" - that is, whether the mailer can handle POP
boxes or non-Listserv mail is nothing to do with the operation and
installation of Listserv (yet the justification I seem to be getting for
the LSMTP-on-Windows-only stance are these factors), and if what you want
is a self-contained Listserv setup on a single Windows server (or "complete
and *almost* ready to use upon installation" ;)) then there is an option
(that the manual does it's best to imply doesn't exist) that doesn't
involve parting with several hundred dollars extra per year for mailer
functionality that you don't need and isn't relevant to Listserv.

Anyway, perhaps I am being too picky (pedantic/splitting hairs/etc), on the
wording of the manual here!

Regards
Ian