Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 16:19:02 GMT
On Wed, 10 Sep 1997 11:42:10 -0400, Valdis Kletnieks
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Simple. Use a mail program that allows you to set the From: address. ;)
>I mean, look at the From: address on THIS mail (generated courtesy
>of MH).  Nobody can logon to THAT address either.

Just be sure when you do this that the 'generic name+address' you want is
subscribed to the list (with NOMAIL,NOACK,NOREPRO set) and listed in the
header as an Owner (if Send=Owner) even if the address is false or an
alias, otherwise LISTSERV will reject the attempt to post any msg.  We did
this recently with a support list and it works just fine.  Eudora Pro has
the capability to create separate e-mail 'personalities' with different
From: addresses, which makes the process easy to implement.
 Ben Parker .....(Oak Park IL -> Denver CO) ..... [log in to unmask]