"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Mon, 3 Apr 89 12:30:17 GMT
>I second this. In particular, I would  like to see the job parameters ECHO=NO
>and REPLY-TO actually take effect on a netwide delete.

Unless there is a  bug in your version, ECHO=NO is  respected. It means "don't
echo the command itself", *not* "don't give me any output". For that you would
use "REPLY-TO=None", which as you point out I forgot to support. The reason is
that every time I forward a job to  other servers, I have to rewrite a routine
to generate the job parms because REXX  does not allow you to call an external
routine and  let it access your  variables. And of course,  sometimes I forget
something in the routine, or I make  a mistake, etc. I'll have to do something
about it, after  all I can use GLOBALV,  it's just that it's going  to be much
slower. Oh well.

>I believe  that the additional traffic  caused by our netwide  delete (and it
>would be  a BIG list of  addresses) would still be  insignificant compared to
>the traffic generated by rejections to nonexistent addresses.

That was  never questioned,  the problem is  CPU time on  sites which  are not
commited to provide service to the network, rather than network load.

  Eric