"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Fri, 28 Apr 89 10:49:25 GMT
I agree entirely with  what Ross just said. I would  like to add, though,
that this support does not come automatically with RSCS V2, it depends on
the version. If you have V2.2, you have to install PTF VM30091 to get it,
and then it  will be full of bugs,  so you'll need to install  a bunch of
other PTF's. If you have V2.3, it is standard, but then I have only heard
negative  remarks about  the  stability  of V2.3.  Before  I entrust  the
distribution of files to RSCS, and assuming that it is technically proved
that this will  actually save bandwidth (see Ross's comments),  I want to
make sure that all the sites in question are running a version of RSCS V2
that has a working, fully repaired version of LISTPROC.

  Eric