Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Jul 1991 17:37:03 +0200
On Tue, 9 Jul 1991 11:00:41 EDT "Richard Seifert, Jr." <MAINT@CLVM> said:

>TELL LISTSERV FOR userid SUB listname personal name
>Ready; T=0.05/0.06 10:57:54
>* You are not  a registered NAD (Node Administrator) for  node CLVM. The
>* NADs for this node are DAVIDC@CLEMSON and [log in to unmask]
>
>     The account  that I issued  this command from  is the owner  of the
>list in question, and should be able to do this, correct?

No! The list owner is allowed to use the ADD and DELETE commands for list
management. He  is certainly not  allowed to issue arbitrary  commands on
behalf of other people (unless he is the NAD for this node).

>But the bigger question is, why the big-time screw-up with the NAD?

Probably because LISTSERV  gets BITEARN NODES from a R/O  disk, which has
been modified since then  such that the index is no  longer in synch with
the file. I bet LISTSERV will start rebuilding tables if you reboot it...

  Eric