Harold Pritchett <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 15 Jun 1991 12:54:02 EDT
Here's the next chapter in the saga of "The X-DEL job which ate Cleveland"

Ok, when we last left our hero, he was muttering under his breath about the
brain dead people who designed the Selective File Filter so that it would
bounce files back to the originator without putting in a server list so that
you could tell it "If it's LISTSERV, Don't do that!"

What do we do now, coach? our hero exclaims.  How about we tell LISTSERV to
just ignore all X-DEL JOB files, and do something like transfer them to the
maintainer's reader.  He obviously doesn't have anything better to do.

Ok, here's the current situation.  UGA is running with the SFF back on,
killing ALL files with the name X-DEL JOB which pass thru.  I also put a
one line mod in the LISTSERV file LSVRDR EXEC (manages the reader, natch)
which rejects ALL reader files with the name X-DEL JOB by transferring them
to the maintainer.

Now, files passing thru get killed, and files going to LISTSERV also get
Killed.  Net result, zero X-DEL JOB files being processed or forwarded.

Now, if they will just fix the damn links so we don't have to do this.

Here's the mod:

on LISTSERV's "A" disk, copy LSVRDR EXEC A to LSVRDR ORIGINAL A (olddate
so we can get it back later.

Find the line which begins:

      If origin == myself & ^okfromme Then ...

In my version this is line #39.  Your mileage may vary (and probably
will since I am running a Beta test release.

Insert the following line just before it.  Note that it is really one
line broken at the comma to fit in the MAIL message.

      If fn ft == 'X-DEL JOB' Then ,
          Call Transfer 'X-DEL JOB ('spoolid') found in reader.'

All of this occurs a few lines before the comment

     /* Here we'll have to handle some special cases....