Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Tue, 5 May 1987 21:09 SET
  Well, DISTRIBUTE  does not have  full RFC822  support yet (neither  does the
1.5i LSVXMAIL, by the  way). So it lets the FROM: field as  is. And if it does
not conform  to RFC733,  the Crosswell  MAILER rejects  it. The  1.5j LSVXMAIL
attempts a  conversion (I  said attempts  -- whatever you  might do,  a userid
containing an '@' sign is invalid  since quoting is not supported in userids).
DIST2 will  do the  same conversion,  assuming it is  possible, OR  use BSMTP,
assuming everybody has installed MAILER 1.24 (btw did anybody actually get it?
I've heard a lot about it but didn't receive anything).

  Eric