Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:13:42 -0500
Hi Bill,

Re this command:     quiet change * *@old.domain *@new.domain

I have been testing with single ids and I get the opposite result from
you, namely that the change command fails stating that the new id is
already on the list, but the password works with either form.  I am
guessing that the difference is that you were -not- using an
aliases.names
file (or whatever the Windows equivalent may be) - am I correct?

I was kinda hoping someone from L-Soft would jump into this thread....
We've had our alias for a -long- time; are we going to have to shut it
off to make this command work?

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Nope, that part worked flawlessly for me. (I was the original poster of
> the thread) The only issue I had was that we changed some usernames as
> well at the same time and they had to be handled manually.  We're on 1.8e
> on Windows though.

> The users will have to register for a new account on the web interface.

> Bill Brown
> Former Moo U Student (back when they added the leading 0 the the 6 digit
> stuident ID - how long is it now?)

I'll have to ask a recent student - I asked a not-too-recent student
and he said his was one letter plus eight digits.  Now I'm curious.

Margaret King
Michigan State University