Paul Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 15:59:52 -0500
one must make informed choices.  i was pointing out some issues associated
with using qmail with listserv.  if you want an ideal fit i suppose you
should use lsmtp.  i suspect we would be using it if it had been available
for sunos-5 when we started delivering too much mail for sendmail to
handle.

however if you deliver enough mail that lsmtp might be useful then you
might find youself dealing with a lot of bounces (many thousands a day).
at that time the system adminstrator or the list owners might be interested
in dealing with most of them automatically.

of course maybe i just need to find that hands free bounce processing switch.

    Roger> I'm not really interested in being in the business of producing
    Roger> scripts to rewrite bounce messages.

--
 paul
    [log in to unmask]    |public keys at:
                            |     http://urth.acsu.Buffalo.EDU/~pjg/key.html
    if the above contains opinions they are mine unless marked otherwise.