Ingo Altenburger <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:13:14 +0200
Following situation:
I have installed Listserv-Lite on a W2000 box and it works fine.
For whatever the reason is (not enough diskspace, OS needs to be
reinstalled, ...) I would like to migrate the Listserv server to another
box.
Easy to grasp that the Listserv server should run with all the
configuration and lists and archives and digests and and and on the new
box as fine as on the old one.

What I think to do is:
Run setup of Listserv software on new box
Cancel when prompted to configure the server
Copy the important files from the main directory to th e new one
(SITE.CFG, LIST-A.LIST, LIST-A.OLDLIST, LIST-B.LIST,
LIST-B.OLDLIST,...DIGEST.FILE, LOCLIST.FILE, SIGNUP.FILE1, PEERS.NAMESUM,
PERMVARS.FILE and the whole subdirectory with all the lists)
Open the configuration EXE and reset the password (otherwise there might
be a policy error)
Restart the Listserv server and SMTP listener on the new box

Has anybody experience performing such a migration?
Is the procedure correct and complete?
Is there a better way doing this?

Thanks for any feedback
Ingo Altenburger

This message, along with any attachments, may be confidential or legally
privileged.  It is intended only for the named person(s), who is/are the
only authorized recipients. If this message has reached you in error,
kindly destroy it without review and notify the sender immediately. Thank
you for your help.