Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:20:25 -0500
>Aside from the mystery "user unknown" problem, a pile of other problems
>have suddenly cropped up and I can't seem to find anything in the list
>manager manual:
>
>1. Numerous copies of a single message sent to some but not all
>subscribers.  Differing routes for the same message.

Sounds like duplicate subscriptions.  Were a bunch of new addresses
added recently?

>2. How do I as LISTSERV manager issue a periodic silent probe command for
>all lists?

You can't.  This has to be set on a list-by-list basis.

>3. What causes LISTSERV to get stuck and how do I restart it
>(Unix).  Manual tells how to STOP but not how to RESTART.

I'd need more information on what is meant by LISTSERV getting
'stuck' to answer that part of the question.  You'd start LISTSERV by
issuing the "go bg" command from shell.

>4. Is there a command by which I can retrieve a list of all local list owners?

Not as such, although you may find the "REVIEW DETAILED" command
useful in this regard.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support