UB Listserv Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:39:04 -0400
Spencer,

Next time the web interface hangs, check your spool directory and see
if there are a large number of jobs being processed. The way I understand it,
and someone correct me if I'm wrong, is that Listserv is single-threaded so
if it's busy processing a lage email job, the web interface is going to hang
until it finishes the email job. We used to have that exact same problem,
especially when lists over a few thousand people started replying like crazy,
and one of the things we did to help it was add a SMTP_FORWARD_1= line to the
go.user file. Since then the mail is passed off of the listserv machine
quicker, and the web interface rarely hangs anymore.

-Jim

--
Jim Serwinowski                 [log in to unmask]
UB Listserv Administrator       http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu