"George R. Bancks" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Jul 1993 14:06:18 CST
After looking around in various LISTS databases (LSTSRV-M, LSTSRV-L, and
UDD-L) I still know very little about the listserv'er UDD functions.

1) What really is UDD (user directory database)?
2) Why do only 7 sites supports use this feature but
   the udd-l list has 137 members with little or no activity?
3) Where are the LISTUDD and LISTUDDA memo's?
4) Has this function been replaced with other types of phonebooks (IE
   CSO, x.500, gopher, cwis, finger, whois)
5) Is the UDD function a netwide (BitNet) database?
6) What does the MASSUPDATE function do?

I was digging around in the listserv memo's and doc's and became
very curious about UDD. I would appreciate any information about UDD
in order to quench my thirst.

7) does curiosity ever kill the cat?

Thanks in advance. :-)

Respectfully Yours,
George R. Bancks
Manager of Academic Systems  Bitnet: SPGRB@LATECH
Louisiana Tech University    Internet: [log in to unmask]