Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Fri, 12 Feb 88 21:14:00 SET
Once again, the new  BITEARN NODES has broken the weights  table. This time it
was because of the DEARN/DDAGSI1 change,  which caused the 'DEARN GWUVM' entry
to  become void  and LISTSERV  would then  route all  traffic via  the 'cheap'
DDAGSI1-GWUVM route. Thus CEARN was 'nearer' to BITNIC than FRECP11. Well I've
sent a new LINKSWT  FILE (containing both the old and new  entries, so that it
should work with both 8801 and 8802) and PEERS NAMES along.

I have  to remove FRECP11  from the backbone for  reasons that I  will explain
later. I must first contact the FRULM11  maintainer to ask him if he agrees to
spend 25 minutes  of CPU a day  for the INFO-VAX jobs (I  mean, the DISTRIBUTE
jobs). If he agrees, his server will play the exact same role that FRECP11 now
plays (the two  servers are topologically identical). Otherwise  it means more
traffic on the international lines. There  is no other server in France. Since
he's off until monday, I won't  send the corresponding LINKSWT FILE until next
week.

  Eric