David Young <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:35:38 -0500
Setting my server up to use DBMS support was on my list of things that I'd
like to do but haven't had the time yet and probably wouldn't have come up
had I not been asked about using it with an Access database.  I plan on
using SQL server when I start working with it in a week or two.  Thanks
again.

C. David Young
Central Systems Support
University Of Texas At Arlington
Arlington TX 76019-0318
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Voice: (817) 272-3666
Fax: (817) 272-3736
 or: (817) 272-5796

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Parker [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2000 10:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: DBMS list using MS Access

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:59:44 -0500, David Young <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Thanks.  That's about the answer I expected.

I would emphasize that the deficiencies heres are all in MS Access which is
not
and was never designed to be a full-fledged DBMS with record locking, etc.
which
is what LISTSERV needs to function effectively.  LISTSERV works wonderfully
with
SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Sybase and etc. all of which are full scale DBMS
systems.