Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Greg Dietrich <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Mar 2015 20:48:34 +0000
text/plain (52 lines)
Hi Ron,

Well, neither one of us is crazy -- and I'm sorry that I didn't pick up on the fact that you were conducting your test on an LSoft server with list-level attachment restrictions. Fortunately, Wayne Smith....and Ben were paying attention.  The demand in my office is mostly for  announcement lists;  we don't restrict attachments (photos, PDF, docx, etc) or HTML graphics (typeface fonts, color) in the body of these messages. We do, however, impose a size limit so that novice list owners don't accidently send out a badly produced 60 MB PDF file (a surefire way of getting the entire BSMTP spiked by your friendly MTA or by the client's mail server).

Perhaps you can find a different server to test the efficacy of sending attached images?  It works very well and they are visible in the archive once sent. Most people now use client softwaref that allows them to see photos.  If your list is configured to allow posts from all comers, that's a different situaton.

Greg Dietrich

SCO ListServ Administrator
Email: GDietrich @ sco.ca.gov

Sent: Monday, March 9, 2015 10:06 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: testing,,

Greg.

Thanks for responding.  It's very important,, to me anyways,,
to know how our pending listserv upgrade will handle photos,
and if they will appear in the archives as well.

I'm trying to grasp what you're saying,, but some of it slips
past my inexperience..  ;-)    

[...]

Ron

Sent: Monday, March 9, 2015 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: testing,,

I presume you have standard browser software running WA?  If you have the Notebook keyword set to create archives, you should find it there (from the list's "home page" or index.) Once you bring up the archived message, if the image is attached, click the link shown in the header. E.g., Myimage.jpg or Amovie.mov.  In-line images, including HTML, gifs for banners, newsletter templates should be evident in the message viewer without having to click an attachment link.

Greg Dietrich

SCO ListServ Administrator
Office of the California State Controller
Email: GDietrich @ sco.ca.gov

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list:
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1

ATOM RSS1 RSS2