Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 May 1993 12:26:06 CDT
On Thu, 6 May 1993 09:36:18 EDT Jim Cocks said:
>Stu made quite a nuisance of himself here as well!
>
>  Jim Cocks  Univ. of Louisville

   In our LISTSERV log from Friday, April 30, I see X-FOR FWDED items from
LISTSERV@BITNIC subscribing [log in to unmask] to our ACADV
list.  This was at 07:44 EDT (6:44 our time).  This was followed about five
minutes later with ADA-LAW, AG-EXP-L, ANN-LOTS, etc.  You get the picture -
they were in alphabetical order.

   I suspect the person just submitted a file with SUB to all the lists
but it might be interesting to have BITNIC check their logs from around that
time if they still have them...

   I agree this is very anti-social behaviour but I guess before I would like
to know the mechanism before I light the fuse...   ;-)     marty