Peter DiCamillo <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Dec 2011 22:21:11 -0500
This comes from a very old thread, but I seem to be having a problem of
this nature. I'm working on migrating Listserv 15.0 on a Solaris SPARC
V9 machine (64-bit big-endian) to Listserv 16.0 on a Red Hat x86_64
machine (little-endian.) I can re-hash the signup files, and everything
looks ok except for a problem with PERMVARS.FILE. If I copy
PERMVARS.FILE to the new server, I get many errors like this at the
start of Listserv's log file:
    >>> Invalid PERMVARS FILE entry (KL=4096 LL=130)
with the numeric values changing. All the data is not getting copied.
For example, there is no longer a list of served off addresses.

Is there any solution to this, or will we have to use a new PERMVARS
file and live with that as part of the migration?

Peter