Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:24:02 -0500
I am getting ready to upgrade the Apache web server software on our
LISTSERV server and I intend to implement SSL. I checked the Site
Manager's manual and the archives of this list to see if I could find
any information about LISTSERV and SSL. There is nothing in the Site
Manager's manual (1.8d), but I found the following message from Eric
Thomas <[log in to unmask]> in the list archives for Nov 1999.

 > You can enable the use of SSL by changing the URL to wa in your
 > LISTSERV configuration to https://.../wa. There is no way to apply
 > the change to certain transactions only - as you said, there is no
 > clean-cut line between things that need or do not need encryption.

Neither go.user nor lsv-wa.config contain an explicit specification of
the URL for the LISTSERV web page. I searched the *tpl files in the
listserv/home directory, but every URL in those files appeared to be
the result of template customization by the list owners. Where, in
LISTSERV, is this configured? Are there any special considerations for
implementing LISTSERV and Apache with SSL, or should I just follow the
Apache documentation?

--
Paul Russell
Senior System Administrator