Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:49:39 -0400
>How do I rename a mailing list.  Can I just change the LIST file's name from
>"this.LIST" to "that.LIST"?

Yup.

>What else would I have to do?

If you've customized any mail or web templates for the mailing lists
you'd need to rename the listname.mailtpl and listname.wwwtpl files
(and it wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure that none of the modified
templates explicitly use the mailing list's name).

If the mailing list is archived you'll need to rename the archive
files from this.LOGyymmw to that.LOGyymmw.

If the mailing list's archives are web-enabled you'll need to create
a subdirectory for the new name of the mailing list in the web
archives directory.

I think that's about it.  I believe there's a section in the Site
Manager's Manual that talks about renaming mailing lists which may
have more information.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support