Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sat, 30 Jan 88 17:23:00 SET
A new list, LSTSRV-M@FRECP11, has been  created. It replaces the LSTSRV-D list
which  was   formerly  used   to  distribute   code  updates   and  associated
announcements.

- LSTSRV-D is being deleted.

- All LISTSERV maintainers are automatically subscribed to LSTSRV-M. This list
  will be  used to  send only  'important' announcements,  which will  also be
  posted to LSTSRV-L. Only  Ross, Harold, Jose Maria, John and  me can mail to
  it. There  is no peer,  the list  is set to  Mail-via= DISTRIBUTE and  it is
  archived.

- LSTSRV-M has  been temporarily  left open  so that  LSTSRV-L people  who are
  getting  overwhelmed by  the amount  of mail  it generates  can signoff  and
  signup to LSTSRV-M. I  will set it back to closed next  week to avoid seeing
  every other list-pruner subscribe to it :-)

NOTE: If you receive a copy of this  note and feel like you shouldn't have, it
probably  means that  you have  ordered the  LISTSERV code  from me  some day,
forgot to tell me  you've discarded it, and forgot to reply  to the warnings I
sent you every 3-4 months. In that case you're going to get bothered with mail
from this list until you notify me, so you'd better do it asap. Thanks.

  Eric