Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 12 Jun 2016 12:57:21 -0600
On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 12:33:00 -0400, "Phil C." <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>First is that, when one of our a member of the list tries to send to the list, he does not get the message. He however can get a confirmation email saying that his message has been distributed to the list. Is there a way or configuration we can set to enable receiving of messages when you are a member of the list sending to the list.
>
>Second, when our sender sends a message to two list simultaneously, the recipients both members to the list only gets 1 message. Regardless if the sender put the two list address either in the TO or CC field. The recipients only gets 1 message. It supposed to be 2 messages. Is there a special setup on lsoft server for this. As usual sender gets two email confirmation that his/her messages was distributed to both lists.

You don't give a clue to the email address of the member in question, but if
he is using gmail.com, or a 'private label' corporate or educational email
system hosted by Google, or if he is using Microsoft Exchange/Outlook
(including Office 365 hosted email).  Both problems as you describe them are
exactly how those email systems behave and there is nothing LISTSERV can do
about it.  Both systems suppress 'duplicate' emails with the same RFC822
'Message-ID' field, which is why the 'copy sent back to subscriber' and the
'duplicate message to 2 lists' are both removed/deleted by their respective
mail systems.

For more information, see the middle article in this recent L-Soft Tech Tip:
http://www.lsoft.com/news/techtipLSV-issue2-2016.asp