"Russell, D (Duncan)" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:18:39 -0000
Hello again,

One more of those awkward and annoying little questions.

Is there a way of handling attachments neatly in digests ?

We have some subscribers who are registered as digest mode, and they receive
their mails with the attachments mime encoded and as plain text. I must be
missing something, is there any neater way of handling this ?

I know we could turn off the attachments altogether, and we could advise the
users how to separate the mails and de-code the mime attachment, but that
all seems like rather a lot of hassle. Is it possible to prevent attachments
getting into digests ? but leave then on the web archives so they could
still be retrieved is need be. Do not want to store them as files since that
is also more complex than most of the users wish.

So any good ideas out there ?

Cheers
Duncan