Aidan Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:40:05 GMT
A friend and I have spent quite a while searching the net for a mailing
list for British teenagers, with no success. Apart from the generally
frowned upon spamgroup uk.people.teens, there is no forum for young
people in Britain on the net.

We feel that such a list would be both educational and entertaining (as
cringeworthy as the phrase is), for people in Britain between roughly 14
and 24 years old, and the response we get when mentioning the idea to
people is encouraging, suggesting such a list would be definitely
welcomed. We envisage an open, unmoderated list.

As much as I would like to host the list myself, telephone costs here
are prohibitive, all calls are charged per minute (around 5 cents a
minute during the day). We expect an initial subscribership of around 10,
rising to perhaps 50. Traffic would be moderate, I wouldn't ever expect
that more than 150k of mail would be sent in a day, at most, and
normally less.

As you've doubtless guessed by now, I'd like a host, if anyone would
host this list, I'd be very grateful. I have a working knowledge of the
listserv software, and would be more than willing to handle list administrivia.

I fully appreciate that the youth orientated aspect of this list may
discourage some potential hosts, however (not least because it is in the
pecuniary interest of Brits on the net) we would strongly encourage that
all messages are well trimmed and meaningful.

If you would be willing to host this list, please contact me with any
comments or questions.

thanks,

Aidan