Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:47:42 -0500
On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Kathy Montgomery wrote:

> "Quiet owner" status might work -- I didn't think of that.  That still
> requires that we add such an owner to 300+ lists.  Do you know how I can do
> this with, say, a Perl script?
>
> We get questions from owners such as "Why is LISTSERV is asking me to confirm
> every posting (are my Editor settings right)?", which are solved most easily
> by just looking at the list header.  Subscriber problems usually get answered
> by presenting all the possibilities, but it helps to be able to see subscriber
> information.  Quiet ownership might do the trick.

I don't have a PERL script to change our existing lists. What we do is for
any old list that doesn't have our help desk's email address set up as a
quiet owner, then the help desk consultant usually talks a list owner
through the process of making this change on a per list basis. In other
situations, the consultant submits a trouble ticket to request that I make
this change.