Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sat, 20 Sep 1986 16:26 SET
  As a preliminary disclaimer I'd like to  say that 90% of the rejection mail I
got from you was caused by  LISTSERV not parsing "From: nianiania at nianiania"
as being = 'nianiania@nianiania', which is now fixed in 1.4c. However, the !"$%
sh*tty "Poor mailer was not able to connect to nice gateway for 3 days, waaaah,
therefore your  nice mail  is being  discarded" is  something I  can absolutely
*NOT* parse. Every mailer agent in every  UN*X system seems to have a different
set of messages. Besides, the gateway sending the rejection mail is NOT defined
in DOMAIN NAMES, and  therefore does not get detected as it  would have been if
the origin had been SMTPUSER@WISCVM or suchlike.

  What could I do? I'm just out  of ideas. I could (optionally) put a "Message-
id: nianiania%listname@servernode" in  the mail header, and scream if  I find a
all problems?

  Eric