Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:58:37 +1100

> I have a similar problem with people who are not aware (forget) which
of
> their email they subscribed from so they cannot issue commands, this
is
> esecially true for people who have changed companies, or graduated,
etc
> have some sort of a forwarding but are not aware where its actually
coming from.
> Are there any disadvantes to the SET command below?

Not exactly sure what you're asking here.  When a subscriber SETs their
subscription to SHORT822 (or has it set on their behalf by the Owner)
this changes what they see in the RFC822 headers of list mail sent their
way.  It won't magically fix things up so they can start issuing
commands or posting from an address that's different to their subscribed
one.  The *only* way to fix this is to either issue a CHANGE command or
subscribe with the new, correct address.

--
Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.